Sunday, March 16, 2008

no beeping for tasktimer

I'm still having issues with having the alarm beeping. The standard Javascript solution has a problem with the <embed> tag. I'll have to find some work around. For now I'll have to be content with the colour change but I'm sure there is a simple solution. Perhaps I'll have to use <fb:mp3 src="beep.mp3" > or something like that. Perhaps my problem is that I'm not following they Facebook style of doing things. I'll going to have to give up on this mini-project and get on to the Java-Facebook combination soon.

On a side note, the XO laptop has been eating up some time. It looks like I've conquered the interface and t-mobile so that I can drink coffee and fiddle with my web pages for my courses. I've disabled the mesh networking so that the slow processor of the XO has less to worry about--it seemed like it would bury the poor thing so that starting new processes would not work. I'll keep this short sine I do not yet have much trust in the XO yet. I'll have to push it a bit more to see how robust it is.

No comments: